Fear not my friends! I have compiled a list of things to do when those dark clouds hang over your heads:
- Write down all the good things that happened to you in the last month, and reflect on them. You will really learn to appreciate some of them, and remember that good times come and go, just like the bad times.
- Put motivational quotes around your work desk, computer (on stickies) or wherever so you choose to work, heck put a few opposite of the toilet seat. I found motivational quotes to always refresh my mind, and they usually offer support to me in ways that are not so apparent at first.
- Concentrate on opportunities you still have. Don't spend your time on negative thinking, it's not healthy. Focusing on the future will keep you from ignoring the potentially great opportunities you have missed while wallowing in your sorrow.
- Surround yourself with positive people. If you have friends and family in business, support each other in times of despair. Offer encouragement to those who need it, and accept it when it's given to you.
- Visualize where you want to be. Usually we are so caught up in the moment, we forget why we started a business in the first place. Take some time to visual your objectives while clearing your head of all other worries and thoughts. You would be surprised how much this helps in clearing your mind and making you more productive.
- Don't give up! Even the most successful entrepreneurs have had their bad times, so never think you're alone. Be brave and go on!